WELCOME How To Find Us
Playing in an ensemble is an important element of a students musical education. At Horbury & Ossett Music Centre we aim to create a fun, safe and challenging environment for pupils to further develop their musical skills. We have 11 ensembles ranging from beginner level all the way through to senior, catering for woodwind, brass, strings, percussion and guitar. Rehearsals are run every Saturday morning of term time at Horbury Academy.
We have two main concerts throughout the year, a Christmas concert and a Summer concert. As well as this several groups perform at other events in and around Wakefield.
The cost of attending Music Centre and WMS Ensembles is only £36 per term and we always look forward to welcoming new young musicians! Please come and visit us at any time or take part in a free taster session.
Jason Whiteley (Acting Head of Horbury & Ossett Music Centre)
Groups that run from 9.00am:
- Junior Wind Band (9am – 10am) – Directed by Barrie Edwards & Sarah Collins
- Ukulele Band (9am – 10am) – Directed by Eddie Hill
- Senior Wind Band (9am – 10am) – Directed by Jason Whiteley & Dave Stephenson
- String Orchestra (9am – 10.45am) – Directed by Edward Whelan
Groups that run from 10.15am:
- Guitar Ensemble (10.15am – 11.15am) – Directed by Eddie Hill
- Orchestra (10.15am – 11.15am) – Directed by Dave Stephenson
- Intermediate Wind Band (10.30 – 11.30) – Directed by Jason Whiteley & Sarah Collins
- Jazz All Stars (10.15am – 10.45am) – Directed by Barrie Edwards
Groups that run between 11.15am till 12.00noon:
- Beginner Guitar Ensemble (11.15 – 12pm) – Directed by Eddie Hill
- Big Band (11.15 – 12pm) – Directed by Barrie Edwards
- Beginner Strings (11.15am – 12pm) – Directed by Edward Whelan
For the latest news and updates please visit and ‘like’ our Facebook Page WMS HorburyandOssett MC
Please note that Music Centres only run in term time and not on the first Saturday of a school holiday (except for October half term)