As well as providing instrumental tuition and musical opportunities to over 7 thousand pupils in the District, we are committed to delivering the highest quality CPD for teachers and assistants led by experienced and dynamic trainers. Wakefield Music Services offers a wide variety of bespoke courses, curriculum review, support and training for teachers.
Bespoke Training – We are able to offer an ever increasing number of wide-ranging bespoke music courses for staff that can be held either in the host school or at our well equiped Manygates Music Centre. Many schools are finding that this is a more economical and effective way of delivering training. Courses include:
- Delivering National Curriculum Music Across the Key Stages
- Charanga – How to get the most out of WMS Online Resources
- Music ICT
- Focused Listening & Speaking
- Developing Learning Styles Through Musical Activity
- Stress Busting for Staff
- Help I’ve Got to Teach Music!
- Dig Those Sticks!
- Boomwhackers in Action!
- Music to promote SEAL (Social & Emotional Aspects of Learning)
- Make Your School a Singing School
- Understanding the Arts – The Creative Curriculum
- Team Building
Curriculum Review – We can also offer bespoke curriculum support which may include;
- Reviewing your current National Curriculum provision
- Auditing and recommending resources and instruments
- Helping to put in place progressive schemes of work
- Developing clear and less onerous methods of assessment
- Working and teaching with the classroom teacher to develop confidence and better practice